Rockland County Sheriff's Police Division is dedicated to the protection of life and property, reduction of crime through patrol and enforcement, and the provision of a safer environment in which our citizens can live, work, and pursue a better quality of life.
Chief William Barbera
FUNCTIONS OF THE POLICE DIVISION:
2. Traffic safety/vehicle and traffic law enforcement.
3. Assistance to all law enforcement agencies through mutual pacts and agreements.
4. Detective unit investigations and criminal extraditions.
5. Service and executions of Family Court orders and warrants.
6. IV D warrant enforcement (adult revenue support collection)
7. Availability of:
a. Arson unit,
b. Bomb unit,
c. Computer crime unit
d. Mounted unit
e. Marine unit
f. Rescue Entry and Counter-Terrorism Team (REACT)
g. Mobile Field Force (MFF)
h. Intelligence unit and
i. Sheriff’s community support council.
8. Custody and transport of prisoners in
The Rockland County Sheriff’s Patrol is the Police Division of the
Sheriff’s Department. It is a police agency at the county level
responsible for the protection of county properties, roads,
thoroughfares, holdings and interests.
The Division will handle any and all complaints occurring in or
The Division will assist any and all outside agencies, resources permitting, as requested by that agency.
The organization headed by the Chief, has two Captains and five Lieutenants eleven Sergeants and sixty Patrol Officers. It has several sub–units each performing specialized and distinct functions. The units are staffed by well trained police officers supported by a civilian complement of clerical and technical workers.